VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2004

From:
Scott Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:49:07 -0700
As a supplement to my web page on the importance of using and citing
primary sources
(http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~vagenealogy/sources.htm),
I've added a short "Honor Roll" of sites by other individual
researchers that reflect a strong commitment to primary sources
(http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~vagenealogy/honor_roll.htm).
The list is, of course, a work in progress.  My purposes are to
encourage the use and citation of primary sources, to provide examples
of doing so, and to encourage the creation of good web sites.  (As
stated on the new page, I certainly don't pretend to be an expert in
the proper citation of sources or the adequate documentation of
connections.)

Scott