VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:27:56 -0500
Being in a room with all those old records and actually having your
hands on the old books is an experience in and of itself. Microfilm
isn't even close, though a godsend for those who live far away.

I swear there are vibes coming off those old volumes. Sometimes I get
chills!

You do need to do you research before you go though. Most courthouse
employees have more than they can do keeping up with today's
information. You will on occasion find someone interested in learning
more about the old "stuff" but don't count on it even from the elected
official in charge who needs a little background in the records housed
in their office.

Dianne in Ohio