VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2009

From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:42:25 -0500
We found out my father's birthday was off by a year from what he'd
always said it was. But my gr-gr grandfather Cardwell, who kept the
family Bible originally, seemed to be a very meticulous fellow. He
listed the ages at death for his children [from various causes] down
to the year, month and day old they were when they died. He owned his
own business [they made agricultural machinery] and I am sure kept
records there, so he was probably careful with that sort of thing.
Plus, he'd surely know his own daughter's first name! Ida Jacobs
Cardwell Fowler, for any future historians who may read this. NOT "Ina".

It's a shame records for Shockoe aren't in better shape, as important
as that place is to Richmond history.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone