VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2004

From:
Sharon Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:02:59 EST
I am researching the Bennett surname.  Stephen and William appear in 1795 tax
lists for Mercer County  and Green Ct KY.  Can anyone give me some direction
on researching prior to 1795 in Kentucky to the possible Virginia county
connection? I am assuming that the land warrants, certificates would be helpful,
but these documents do not have much info, other than name and acreage. Kentucky
County VA was disbanded after 1780, and if I am correct, became Lincoln
County or Fincastle County.  Not sure of my information as you can tell, and just
need some direction, if possible, from the list.
Sharon Leonard