VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2002

From:
Janet Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:27:06 EDT
Hello Jim and All,

I very much appreciate Jim's post below because that answers a bunch of
questions I hadn't asked, but to which I am sure there are many of us here
who wanted the answer.

As the person who began the discussion though...my question was WHETHER,
regardless of whether they (or their sires) were dunned/exempted for
anything, they would be ROUTLINELY REQUIRED TO BE listed (with 0 tithe) on
the Tithables lists (in their father's household if need be) IF during the
Rev War they were "abroad" in their service and not "at home" BEFORE they had
been old enough to establish their own households.

My best regards, Janet Hunter