VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

From:
mhensley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:36:58 -0400
To Virginia Roots:

I am trying to help a friend with her lineage.  She has lineage written
by her late great aunt years ago with not many dates nor places.

George Reade came to Va in 1627 m Elizabeth Martian
Elizabeth Reade m Capt Thomas Chisman
Mildred Chismon m Col Lawrence Smith
William Smith m Eliz. Ballard d/o Thomas Ballard & Catherine Hubbard
Thomas Ballard Smith m Ann Meriwether
Elizabeth Smith m John Wyatt IV
Thomas Ballard Wyatt  m Susannah Weedham and moved to Newton Co. Georgia.
Jemima Wyatt m Green Co., Co Ga joseph Wm. Mize lived in Sumter Co.

She has the info from Elizabeth Mize and Thomas Jones Buchanan

I'm looking for places to look - any genealogies available to check in.
The only counties I have worked in are Albemarle and Augusta and
Rockingham where there are lots of our Hensleys - Meadows - Moyers -
Wyants- etc  I haven't come across any of the above names there.

I am grateful for any ideas.

Mary Jane Hensley ([log in to unmask])