VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2006

From:
Kathryn Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:59:53 -0400
The Internet question was a useful one but because it came at the same time as a private email to me, asking questions about html, text and how some of my fields were blank, I need to add one more note to what I have sent to the List.  My 2 transcriptions were done directly with a photographed copy of the document in my hand (the photographing having been done BY ME when my eyes were better 30 years ago); I did NOT take this info from the Internet.  Some of the spelling may not be correct because of this, the census takers and the Petersburg clerk had very fancy script.

The license date is ALWAYS present; they didn't always have the Marriage date when going for a license.  The blanks were also mostly on Race, when the applicant was white.

I hope this helps and encourages other to do the same.

Katie Holland