VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2003

Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:18:02 EDT
OK that mail got sent without me knowing it right in middle of sentence so
starting over.

What is wrong with this list again? We don't have anything to argue about? we
need a good spin to start up something as the last time got very interesting.
But Genealogy is more so and so is Virginia.
I am looking for a long lost grgrgrandfather George G Green who was born in
1783 in the "Old Dominion" That was the  only way in any records of any kind
that he was listed in. I have checked many records in Ky where he was buying
land by shortly after 1800 and in 1806 he married Mary "Polly" smith in Mercer
Co, KY.They wound up in Hart Co around Uno and had a big farm.
The names of their children in case anyone is doing Greens and might
recognize a name or two that could connect to their families are:
Elizabeth R             James Irvin                     Lucinda E
              Nancy
William Smith (mine and he got the Smith from his mother)
John Caldwell      Alexander C       Mildred                   Mary Dorinda
  Joanna G
Martha A         Zachariah Gilliam
On the graves of many of these children is the name Gilliam so wondered if
George G culd stand for Gilliam and that have been a family name -possibly his
mother- in Va.

Anyone having any information or interest in this group please let me know.
SArah Browder in Texas but wishing to be back in Virignia where I lived a
number of years. The prettiest state in the US