VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2003

Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 21:50:01 EST
I am looking for information on two (?) William HODGES that lived in
Goochland Co., VA. One is the William HODGES who married Susanna LOVELL in
Goochland in 1758 and the other one (may be the same one) who married
Elizabeth COCKE in Goochland in 1774.

I have documentation proving the William that married Elizabeth COCKE is the
son of Welcome William HODGES of Goochland that died there in 1772 (I have
his Will). If they are one in the same, then William must have divorced
Susanna to marry Elizabeth, since Susanna was still alive in 1815 (mentioned
in an order book for Goochland). Thanks for any help with this. Tim Spradling