VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2005

Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:14:01 -0400
I support Paul on this. As genealogists, we need to know many disciplines
in order to do thorough research: geography for land records, economics for
determining standard of living, history for context, and law, among others.
The laws in effect at the time our ancestors lived regulated their lives
and determined the type of records they generated. Righfully understanding
how those laws affected them goes a long way towards understanding how they
lived.

Donald W. Moore, CG
Virginia Beach, Virginia