VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2009

From:
"Valos, Troy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:55:45 -0400
Hello Douglas,

   The certificates are legal documents that have been certified by the
officials at Vital Statistics.  They are looking at the original
document on site and certifying the data on the document.  The July 2009
dates means that they completed the work on those dates and they issued
a certified copy on those dates even if your grandparents died back in
the 1960s.

So, the information is golden and you should trust it as though it was
issued in 1960 & 1963.

Troy Valos
Sargeant Memorial Room
Norfolk Main Library