VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2009

From:
Moonlightgems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:02:25 -0400
Douglas,
It may be that the information was not complete on the originals for
the one where you only got limited information.

Or it may be how your request was worded:  My cousin and I both
requested our g-grandfather's civil war record from the National
Archives.  She only got a few pages (20 or so)  and I got over 500
pages!...  We could only guess that either she hadn't worded her
request properly for his whole entire record or someone had more time
on their hands in filling my request...

Have you tried contacting them to ask about it?

Val Johnson