VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2013

From:
Lucy Cronin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:51:30 -0700
List Members,

	I too think that DNA is a very important genealogy tool.  My Turner family was in Loudoun Co., VA from 1790 to 1800.  The family split & one line went to Bedford Co., PA & the others went to Clermont Co., OH.  I am from the Bedford Co., PA line.  I cannot find my ancestors in PA or VA prior to 1790.  I had a male Turner cousin do DNA.  The branch that went to Clermont Co., OH said the family was related to the Tourneur family of Harlem, NY.  I could not prove it & paid a NY genealogist over $1,000 to do research & he could NOT prove we were related to the Tourneurs.  I found a Tourneur whose mother (who had died) was into genealogy & I paid for him to do a DNA test.  It proved we were NOT related.  I still get emails every time a link is made to the Tourneur line (It is a couple times a month).  So far there are no matches to the Y DNA 37 for the Turner line, but it proved we were NOT related to the Tourneurs.

Lucy Turner Cronin