VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2011

From:
"Wilson, Donald L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 13:14:08 -0500
Reliquary's thirty-fourth issue has been posted.

You are invited to view and download the latest edition of Prince
William Reliquary, a genealogical and historical magazine for Prince
William County, Virginia, now published on an "occasional" basis, with
its date reflecting its actual date of publication.   We hope future
issues will be more frequent, if not as regular as we once envisioned.
To view it requires version 7.0 of Adobe Acrobat, available as a free
download.

http://www.pwcgov.org/library/relic/reliquary.htm
<http://www.pwcgov.org/library/relic/reliquary.htm>

Contents of the December 2011 issue include:

*        Kate's Letters from Virginia: the Correspondence of Catharine
(Caldwell) Davis, 1860-1871, transcribed by Carol Myers Rymes.  Part one
describes her arrival in Occoquan, Virginia, from Pennsylvania, her
courtship and marriage, and evidence that a national conflict is about
to begin.

*        Who Was the First George Calvert of Stafford County, Virginia?
by the Calvert Genealogy Group.   Presents documentation that George
Calvert (fl. 1690-93) is the father of George and John Calvert of Prince
William County.  Evidence of their connection to the Calvert family of
Maryland is explored.

*        Woodbridge School Circa 1927.   A photo of the 45 students and
3 teachers of Woodbridge School, with possible identities of 19 persons.
Please help us name those faces.

You may use Control+F to search the text for keywords of interest to
you.  Backfiles can be searched on Google using keyword(s) plus 'Prince
William Reliquary.'  Name indexes to volumes 1 through 7 are now posted
online, as well as a topical guide to the first 33 issues.

We invite your comments and submissions.

Donald L. Wilson, Virginiana Librarian

Ruth E. Lloyd Information Center (RELIC)

for Genealogy and Local History

Bull Run Regional Library

8051 Ashton Avenue

Manassas, Virginia 20109