VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2014

From:
Laura Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2014 05:29:46 -0700
Good morning,

I’m trying to find information about a group of Irish laborers, listed on the 1850 Bedford County, VA Northern Division Census page 138 in Ancestry collection.  I have 4 questions:

1) Can anyone tell me how to find an 1850 Northern Division, Bedford County map, to identify the geographic place or to accompany this census record?

2) Does anyone know Patrick Harrington or Patrick Gunn or their families, both Irish immigrants listed on the 1850 Bedford County, VA Northern District Census?

3) Can anyone tell me if these men were part of an Irish work camp living in Bedford and working on the railroad or the canal in 1850?

4) Can anyone tell me why all the Irish have a “V” after their place of birth -- Ireland?

Thank you,
Laura Morrison