VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:56:45 -0500
So, you know there was a deed as acknowledged by that court in his
minutes.  Whether or not it then was physically copied into the
clerk's permanent records, and what happened to that record, do not
effect the fact that such a deed once was valid, executed and existed.
Recordation was not required as a matter of law, and remained an
option only till very recently.  Paul

....Partly Proven Deeds

"A Deed from Zachariah Lea to Wm. Lea proved by two wits & O.C."