VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2003

From:
Ann Blomquist <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Blomquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:49:44 -0500
Hello, fellow Virginia researchers!

I am happy to announce the availability of "The Vestry Book of Southam
Parish
1745-1792, Cumberland County, Virginia." If your family was located in
present-day Cumberland or Powhatan counties prior to the American
Revolution, this record will be of interest to you.

This book is a transcription of the vestry book which includes the vestry
business and processioning records. Over 60% of the book is made up of
processioning records. Landowners and neighbors can be determined by
checking this valuable record.

The book includes an history of the parish with maps, explanations of the
parish officials, the ministers, and the records. The appendices include
lists of all parish officials, the meetings, the parish levy, and a
glossary. There is a full name 30-page index.

The book is available from Willow Bend Books (www.willowbendbooks.com).

As the compiler, I would happy to check the index for you and answer any
questions about the book.

Ann Blomquist
Orlando, FL