VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2010

Date:
Fri, 28 May 2010 13:51:47 -0400
I believe I saw that chart some time ago, then forgot about it.

As you said, that's pretty much what I had in mind. It's amazing how
much more you can accomplish with a little planning.

A question for the group:  In colonial Virginia, would the birth of a
child be recorded if the parents were not
religious? It's hard to believe that 100 percent of the population
were members of a congregation, whether CE or not.
My gggg grfather seems to have sprung from nowhere. We've accepted the
possibility of illigitimacy (y-DNA doesn't report a slave/owner
situation). If the father's family or other close relative chose to
raise the child, how would anyone know if they preferred to keep the
situation private?

Thanks
Janice