VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

From:
Eric Huffstutler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Huffstutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:42:43 -0400
I hope someone can chime in and relate to my question and concern.  Has genealogy taken a back seat or just dieing out due to various state regulations about records?

I say this because...

1) Various surname or area lists (like those on Ancestry or Genealogy) often
only show a few posts per year and sometimes only 1 or 2 posts a year!

2) Volunteers are becoming scarce, GenWeb counties have none available, and
even RAOGK listings often bounce back or get no reply.

3) The volume of email connected to genealogy research had become slim.

Has the #1 hobby 5-10 years ago become obsolete?

Eric S. Huffstutler
Richmond, VA