VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2004

From:
Joy King <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:15:28 -0500
They see it as charging for a *service* you can still personally do on the
*free* RootsWeb WorldConnect & Ancestry World Tree sites. Your subscription
to this service is also paying for the new program being used.
http://landing.ancestry.com/oneworldtree/oneworldtree.aspx

When they launched this new service a time limit was put on removing
material from the free sites so they would not be merged into the new
database. I seriously doubt removing them from the free sites now would also
remove them from the new database! However, I have the feeling any new trees
submitted to the free sites will also be merged into the paid site as well.

Joy