VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2004

Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:10:59 EST
I need to enter this discussion. MY dear friend and neighbor for many years
in Houston,did a series of books on all the birth, Marriage and wills and
deaths of Barbados. her name was Jodie Sanders. She and husband had a big 75 ft.
sail boat and went from Galveston Bay to Barbadoes each summer and they
transcribed all the records and came home and put them on computer. This was back in
early 80s and was some more job. I used to go down and watch her and double
check for her etc. I forget now how many books there were but they were wonderful
and I found relatives I didn't know I had that I later proved. These books
were put on CDs I think by the Genealogical Pub. co of Baltimore. I need a set
of the CDs just for my records but they are so complete and you can really gain
lots of info from them. I highly reccomend them to everyone whose ancestors
might have come thru Barbados as  that was main route in 1600s. My Washington
and Butler lines did for sure.
If interested you might contact that Genealogical Pub. Co and I am fairly
sure they still have the CDs.
Sarah Browder, McKinney,TX