VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2002

From:
Beth Bond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 16:45:12 +0000
Hi Charles,
 The first Vaughan in Virginia I have that I am sure of
is Salathiel Vaughan who was born about 1724-1725, he is
mentioned several times in "The Vestry Book and Register
of Bristol Parish, Virginia," by Churchill Gibson
Chamberlayne, 1898. He was first in Prince George County
and later moved to Dinwiddie.

 His son Peter Vaughan was the Sheriff of Dinwiddie for
awhile and married to Boisseau sisters. Well he married
the first one, Mary Goodwyn Boisseau who is my 5th great-
grandmother but the second one Martha no marriage has
been found. So the children of both sisters fought for a
long time in many court cases.

 Anyway my line his son Lemuel married another Boisseau
girl and their son James B. Vaughan moved to Manchester,
later descendants lived in Richmond.

None of mine lived in Hanover. I know that there were
also many Vaughans in Amelia and Mecklenburg counties.

 Beth