VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2005

From:
Lee Anne Center <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Anne Center <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:17:05 -0700
This is going to sound like a silly question, but I have been wondering for
a long time now.

Has our government made public all American Revolution records where a
person acted as a spy against the British during the American Revolution?
Maybe that is an unanswerable question, but it would be useful to check
whether or not one's ancestor was a secret agent and what information would
be available about that.

If this is an unaswerable question, does anyone know where to start in the
government to ask this question?

Lee Anne