VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

From:
Jo Anna Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jo Anna Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:14:20 -0500
        Dear friends, I have a question about John Harrison of Brunswick County
VA.    Has it now been established that "my" John Harrison's first wife was
Lucy Goodrich, and not Lucy "Cressy" Steed? "A" John Harrison married Lucy
"Cressy" Steed in Brunswick County VA 14 December 1779. "My" John's second
wife was Dorothy "Dolly" (Rawlings) Hancock, whom he married on 5 November
1799, also in Brunswick County. I haven't been able to locate a Goodrich
marriage for him. Is there any solid evidence for this?
        By his first marriage to Lucy (whoever),  John Harrison had a son,
Joseph.  By her first marriage to Henry Hancock, Dolly Hancock had a
daughter, Anthenia (Authanico, Athena, etc.).  Joseph Harrison married
Anthenia Hancock in Brunswick County, and I descend from them.  Any
information about Lucy will be appreciated.  Jo Anna Dale <[log in to unmask]>