VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2009

From:
Moonlightgems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:25:28 -0500
There was and I believe still is an obscure law on the books in
Virginia that while a woman's children are automatically her heirs  -
a man's children are NOT automatically his heirs...  I have heard that
this was to protect an estate from any claims of illegitimate children
a man may have.

I don't know about "adopted" children though.