VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2008

From:
William Milam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Milam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:32:42 -0400
My suggestion is to develop your own website to record your area of special
interest.

I'm 66 and have only been doing research at the Library of Virginia for 2
years.

But I have spent days there and found some interesting original documents at
the Records Center,

apparently never seen before by Milam researchers.

I'm completing a Web site design course at J Sargent Reynolds community
college which has

given me enough background information to easily make a Web site. I plan to
write a

family history which places the earliest Milam(s) in historical and cultural
context. In addition,

I will be able to show images of original documents and of photocopied
microfilm documents.

Words in bold, dark print are links to a glossary of legal terms or to
images of original documents.

Words in bold, dark print are links to a glossary of legal terms or to
images of original documents.

You can take a look at the prototype on the college server here:

http://learn.reynolds.edu/sjmitteldorf/itd110/110student1/HTML%20Project%20I
/default.htm

If you get the student's page, click on HTML Project I .

It's only a prototype and needs some fine tuning. But I think this approach
would be well worth

your time and a real benefit to your broader family.

This might be a good way to "get the truth out" and eventually clear up the
misconceptions on

Genealogy.com, etc.

William Milam