VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2013

From:
James Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:46:54 -0400
I won't attempt to answer the specifics of your question but... I had an
interest in the canal system through Amherst, Nelson etc as one of my
ancestors was a lock keeper. I bought a couple of publications of the
Virginia Canals & Navigations Society. According to this 2004 publication
their home page is www.batteau.org. A point on contact listed is W.E. Trout
III, 35 Towana Road, Richmond, Va 23226. Phone listed is 804 288-1334 with
an e-mail address [log in to unmask]
Hope this is useful.

Doug

--