VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2013

From:
Margie Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2013 18:25:50 -0500
I know land does not move, so how could I identify 100 acres in Amelia County on Horse Pen Branch if I went to Amelia County today.I am trying to find if there are any old graves or cemeteries on this 100 acres.  I found land deeds for the same 100 acres dated as follows until the sheriff sale.

1736 from William Pride to Richard Wells
1740 from Richard Wells to Richard Purkett
1740 from Richard Puckett to William Pride
1777 from Thomas Hobby Puckett to Anthony Lamb
1794 Anthony Lamb to John Archer
1800 John Archer then land was sold at Sheriff Sale

Thank you,
Margie