VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2002

Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:45:23 EDT
Hi to the list

I know y'all on this list are one of  most knowledgeable around, so please,
let me have your ideas and suggestions.
For my own reasons, I am leaving off names...just providing details.

Land was deeded from a landholder to two trustees for a "regular Baptist
church in Albemarle Co. June 1852. This deed mentions that the "church" had
been meeting prior to the deed.

My questions are at this point...
       1.   What was a regular Baptist Church and where would this
documentation to support this be found?
       2.   The church is Southern Baptist and has been as far back as anyone
remembers, but nothing in its existing records say when it changed from
'regular" to Southern, if indeed it ever did.
       3.   I want to get this data together as quickly as possible to work
on history for 150 year celebration.
       4.   What "official" records are there for churches, other than the
deeds, and trustees being recorded?

Oh, yes, to tie this in to genealogy...the landholder was a relative!

Alice in Fluvanna