VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2001

Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 13:17:28 EDT
I must say this can be confusing as well as on several census of the same
year I find the same family enumerated more than once and 5 or more pages
apart. And ages given vary a year or so. Often someone other than parent
gives ages or the parent not wanting people to know their age- gives a false
age to make them look younger. There are all kinds of things and altho its
mostly a neighbor next-door when they are listed next to each other, it can
be as some say, they stop for the night and start at other end the next day.
The only perfect way to do this is go for land records which can give lots
more information on many things and will tell who is adjoining in many
instances.\
Sarah B