VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
Ruth Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ruth Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:40:56 -0500
My dad also wore his billed cap backwards on many occasions.  He was a
welder by trade - one of the best - and when he was welding, he'd flip
his cap backwards so it didn't interfere with his welding shield.   My
family is what we proudly and lovingly refer to as "Heinz 57 Variety," a
mix of many cultures, incomes, and lifestyles.  We are fiercely proud of
every piece of DNA that came together to create us.  Wearing a hat
backwards is a pathetic way for anyone to judge another's IQ or worthiness.

Take care,
Ruth Webb-Duffy