VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:23:59 -0600
I have been asked many times generally about what writings of others it is OK for you to use.   The question is a tedious one at best, however this site does an adequate job of explaining, and any of you who are writing should read it.  My articles in Heritage Quest, in NGS Newsletter, and the explanations in my books also will assist.

So, take a look at this, all the while remembering that there are NO prohibitions - no "thou shalt nots" - and no penalties set forth in the Fair Use statute, and the "illegality" of any "use" - and the damages suffered, if any - are questions to be determined by a court in proper session having to do with the accusation of unfair or improper use.    Paul

http://www.ipwatchdog.com/copyright.html