VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2008

From:
Katie Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 05:00:01 -0700
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2008, 9:53 PM

Katie, if I knew the sentence in which it is referenced it would help. Off the
top of my head with just the word, I cannot grasp it.

Although Chris and I think it was a misspelling on the behalf of the solider in
which perhaps he was writing something like fauxso (it is French).

Now, after we have done a little research, we think it could be the word
faucheuse -meaning machine that cuts, or a combination of words like fou
(crazy), soco (muscadine - grape used for wine) refering to crazy drunks.

We can continue to speculate, but you can forward these to whomever and see if
it fits the text. We would like to know the outcome of everyone's
speculation.
Jenn