VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2007

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 09:56:12 -0500
I surely did not intend to suggest that some of those folks did NOT arrive
in these colonies.  I simply do not believe that they came at anywhere near
the same date, nor do I think even that their "owner" ever knew or saw many
of them, much less have them work out their terms under his supervision.

As to the matters of leases of the Manors (sp? Mannors) in MD, take a look
at Chapter VII, pp. 184-186 of my book, "Now In Our Fourth Century".  I
believe that you will there find some approaches to the sources for the
lands held/occupied/owned/leased by your lines in MD.

Paul
www.DrakesBooks.com