VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2001

From:
Elizabeth Roderick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elizabeth Roderick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:31:28 -0400
Greetings - we are in the process of trying to improve response time in the
Library's searchable databases.  We have made some changes this week, and I
would like to try to find out if they worked or not.

Therefore, those of you who will be using the databases this weekend - if
you would please let me know if you ever encounter a "failed to contact
server" message during any point of your searching, I would really
appreciate it.

There is a place on each database screen where you can click on my address
to send email.

If you would note the following:

1.  Name of database
2.  Time of day (and your time zone)
3.  What you were trying to do (i.e. complete a search, pull up an entry
from a result list of hits, etc.)

If you could send an email each time you get the error message, that would
also be helpful.

*Please* do not reply back to the VA-ROOTS list with this information.

I would also be interested in hearing that you did use the databases and
didn't have any problems.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Databases are not available between about 11:00 p.m.
Eastern Daylight Savings Time Sunday nights through about 5:00 a.m. on
Mondays while they are being backed up.

I do appreciate your help, as always!

Elizabeth

--
Elizabeth Roderick                   email ([log in to unmask])
Director, Digital Library Program    voice  (804) 692-3761