VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2001

From:
Joyce Ubl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce Ubl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 07:17:43 -0400
I don't really research Sisks, but have some in my files because Andrew Sisk
married one of my Littlepage relatives in Hopkins County.  I had this little
blurb in my files.

        Thomas Sisk was the son of JOHN SISK who was born in 1709 in Ireland.  John
came to the Colonies and settled in Surry County, North Carolina, where
Thomas was born in 1738.  Thomas moved to South Carolina and then to Hopkins
County, Kentucky, in the early 1800s.  Thomas wrote his will on August 9,
1814.  It was proved on February 16, 1816.  It shows his relationship to
Andrew Sisk.

I think that the information you want might be found in the well-researched
book, Sisk Book of Ages (Higginson Book Company) written in 1998 by Dr.
Charletta J. Dunn.  I know that there is a copy in the National DAR Library
in Washington, DC.
Joyce