VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2009

From:
Al Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:12:44 -0400
Trueman,

I believe that you will find that many who have had their DNA tested are
in the same situation.

There are a few in our DNA group who are Adams, and we all descend from
Robert Adams of Goochland, VA (c1685-1740).  There are several identical
DNA matches who descend from a Gilley in the early 1700's.  We certainly
have a common ancestor about 1600- 1700. We don't know if we are all
Adams or all Gilley's.

There were many adoptions, children taken in by families and quite a few
accidental or not so accidental children.

One thing that I am pretty sure of, DNA does not believe in family lore.

Al Adams