VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2009

From:
Westview <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 11:48:06 -0500
Please, based solely on the figures I give, I'd like an educated opinion from the list:  in 1801 a man purchased 315 acres for 400 pounds.  Does that seem a fair price for land alone, or was there a house on the property?

Comparing other sales in the area produced a varied result but, unfortunately I don't have very many properties in Charlotte County that I know had houses that early with which to compare.  I'm hoping someone will have an opinion based on other counties.

Thanks!
Kathy