VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2001

From:
Beverly Brunelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 18:06:58 EDT
For those who were questioning about ancestry.com's census images - got this
today at one of my other email addresses.  I am already a "user" at Rootsweb
- and on their Rootsweb Review email list - so don't know exactly where to
sign up to "become" a user - but worth checking out - if you want the free
trial they are offering:

Exciting news for RootsWeb users!

You are eligible for a RISK-FREE seven-day trial of the U.S Federal
Census Images at Ancestry.com. Click the link to sign up!
<A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/rd/redir.asp?targetid=3180&sourceid=1225">http://www.ancestry.com/rd/redir.asp?targetid=3180&sourceid=1225</A>

Genealogists know the value of census data, the most sought-after
records in the United States. Census images can help researchers
discover:
--family structure
--ages
--residence
--occupation
--and much more

With this FREE seven-day trial from Ancestry.com, you'll have access
to more than 8.5 million census images (records for nearly 375
million individuals). Completed years include: 1790, 1800, 1810,
1820, 1830, 1840, 1880, 1900, 1910 and 1920. The 1860 collection is
92% complete.

One user commented: "Thanks are not enough for the census images
online. To be able to view the actual pages online and make my own
conclusions has proved an invaluable resource."

DISCOVER OUR DIFFERENCE!
Ancestry.com's collection is superior to other online census records.
Here's why:
1. Content. We feature exclusive records, including the 1890 Census
Substitute, state census schedules, and more.
2. Price. Other sites charge significantly more for much smaller collections.
3. Quality. Our images are scanned in 256-grayscale, giving you
greater readability, usability, and value.
4. Ease of Use. Our site gives you the leading user interface, query
templates, navigation, results screens, and how-to assistance.

SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE TRIAL TODAY from the comfort of home. You'll
save hours of work and avoid the inconvenience of microfilms.
<A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/rd/redir.asp?targetid=3180&sourceid=1225">http://www.ancestry.com/rd/redir.asp?targetid=3180&sourceid=1225</A>

Enjoy your discoveries!

Sincerely,

Ancestry.com

Researching the following lines: BIALI/BIALE, BORDELON, BREWER, BRUNELLE,
CARBO, EDMONDSON, ETHERIDGE, LABORDE, LANDRY, LEEBURG,  MASCARO,
NORMAND/LENORMAND, PONS, ROBERTS, ROTJER, SHOEMAKE, TALTAVULL,
TERRAL/TERRELL, WHATLEY ,WHITTINGTON,  LOWE, HYATT.