VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 07:26:48 -0600
Thanks, Langdon.  Your explanation is as I have suspected since the beginning.  You have confirmed in spades my disgust for the pay-for-genealogy sites.

The subterfuge as you reveal it, PLUS the overriding truth that less than 5% of the material accessible to us for research is available ANYWHERE on the net, amply displays for the observant of us why we should pay those people nothing.

How much better our money would be spent through an equal measure of support for such as the VA Library or other state libraries and archives.   Paul