VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2002

Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:13:38 -0500
I have not sent a messages on this surname for some time.  Since I am still hitting a brick wall, maybe some new folks will know something about my husbands ancestor.

Micajah G. Morris, born about 1811 in Va. Died sometime in 1895 in Thaxtons, Va. He married Lively M. Scott 20 Dec 1832 in Pittsyvania Co., Va.  She was born about 1822 and died 10 Nov 1893 in Thaxtons, Va.
Her father was Samuel Milton Scott, born 1774 married 17 Oct 1799 in Pittsylvania Co., Va. Mother was Sarah "Sally" Bruce.

Micajah who went by the name of Mike is the one that I need help. Cannot find his death register or certificate.  Cannot locate his parents or any siblings.

Would appreciate any and all help.
Thanks,
cathy in Maine