VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2004

From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:22:53 GMT
Everyone,
I just want to share this good news with the list. My book, Notes And Documents of Free Persons of Color, has been accepted by the Welsh Council. In Notes And Documents, I chronicle the lives of Ambrose and Charles Lewis, who were labeled Mulatto (and then Free Blacks). Charles and Ambrose were the son of a white man, John Lewis, and a Mulatto woman. I was able to prove lineage to Charles, and was accepted into the DAR. With the help of some Lewis family members I traced the Lewis line to Breconshire and Monmouth shire Wales. My Lewis line entered England around 259 AD, probably from France.

The chronicles of Charles and Ambrose, include the history on the Lewis line, and their contributions to England. I am pleased that my book passed the test in the homeland of my ancestors.

I included excerpts from the message I received, and the website link.

Dear Ms Wills

Many thanks for sending us details of your publication. The booktitle has been included on the Welsh Books Council website, http://www.gwales.com, and the Council’s Distribution Centre is considering the possibility of stocking the title.

Best Wishes,
Nia Morgan
Information Officer (Marketing Dept).

Notes And Documents of Free Persons of Color-Available at Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1411603338/qid=1098122382/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/103-8775456-1855815