VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:56:01 -0700
Dear [log in to unmask],

Thank you for the references you sent to me.  I found the one on the Woods family very interesting and seems to be documented well.  However the McDowell info was a little "off course" in that they came over on the "John of Dublin" not the ill fated George and Ann ship.  Those McDowells that Clinton gathered up were more than likely cousins of sorts but they got no further than New York where the Captain was arrested and sent back to Ireland in chains and died in prison.

Thanks again and especially your P.S. (there certainly are a lot of them aren't there??)
Best wishes, Kay