VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2009

From:
Margaret Kerr Beckwith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Kerr Beckwith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:11:25 -0500
Form record receivedThank you for responding to my message, Carye.

I personally object to taking any West Virginia records out of West Virginia.  I feel the people of this great state would be better served by placing these invaluable documents with either West Virginia University, the State of West Virginia or some other organization that would oversee the restoration and preservation of our very history!  Placing these historic documents in or under Iron Mountain is not the answer!

Have every one of these papers been microfilmed?  What is the book format that you refer to?

You said your office "has recently launched an online database which hopefully will make it more convenient for researchers to gain access to our information".  What is the address for that website/webpage?

I appreciate your attention to this important matter!

Margaret