VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2006

From:
Vivian M Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vivian M Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:02:00 -0600
The LDS missionaries have been in Mobile, AL for the
past ten years sorting and filming the Probate Court
records.  A copy of the film was given to the Court and
eventually will be put online.  I found the missionaries to
be very proficient in what they were doing.  I worked with
them and the Court for about five and a half years.  None
of us received any money for the work.  The missionaries
actually were paying all their expenses while in Mobile and
their expenses in their hometowns.

Vivian