VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2002

From:
Daryl Lytton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:27:18 -0400
hummm...for some reason my reply to your mailbox is bouncing, so:

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:43:32 -0400 Herb Farmer  wrote:

> Would you kindly, do a search for John
> Hefferlin (Heflin) who was b 1760 and enlisted
> in 1776

Sorry Phyllis...all we have for John Hefferlin aka Hefflin is that he apparently received a pension or bounty land warrant while living in VA and is assumed to be buried in Frederick county.
("Virginia/West Virginia Genealogical Data From Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Records" 6 volumes, published by Heritage Books,
Bowie, MD.)

On the other hand...James Galloway, D. S. Surveyed, September 28, 1799, for John Hefferlin, 100 acres, Survey No. 2,598, Allen Township, Ohio.

We may discover more info on John, so I'll keep your message on hand and let you know if we do!

Daryl