VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2000

From:
"Gayle M. Garrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:59:26 -0500
Greetings:

I still need help on locating where my great great grandfather Harvey
McCoy b: 12/23/1813 was born "exactly" & who his parents/ siblings were.

 Any information or suggestions on any of those listed below would be
very much appreciated.

Thank You
Gayle M. Garrett

Harvey McCoy b: Dec. 23, 1813 Virginia, or could now be West Virginia
m: Louisa Crist Oct. 3, 1842 in Perry Co., Indiana
d: Nov. 24, Appanoosee County, Iowa
burial: Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Monroe Co., Iowa

Louisa Crist b: Nov. 19, 1822 in indiana
d: Dec. 18, 1893 Appanoosee County, Iowa
burial: Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Monroe Co., Iowa

Father: John Crist
Mother: Nancy Woodcock

Children:

(1)
Matthias McCoy b: July 10, 1842  in Perry Co., Indiana
d: April 30, 1864 Killed in action in Civil War battle at Marks Mills,
Arkansas

(2) "my great grandad"
Jehu McCoy b: Oct. 18, 1844 in Perry Co., Indiana
Wounded  & captured in Civil War battle at Marks Mills, Arkansas
Jehu saw his brother killed
d: Aug. 4, 1926 in Graham Co., Kansas
burial Leland Cemetery in rural Graham Co., Kansas
m: Aug 9, 1866 in Centerville, Iowa
Spouse: Elizabeth Wyatt

(3)
John Riggs McCoy
b: Nov. 20, 1846 in Perry Co., Indiana
d:                         in Ottumwa, Iowa

(4)
Lewis McCoy
b: Sept. 28, 1848 in Perry Co., Indiana
d:                         in Moravia, Iowa
Spouse: Sarah "Sadie" Gray

(5)
Melissa Ann "Sis" McCoy
b: Aug. 10, 1853 in Perry Co., Indiana
d: Dec. 31, 1929
burial: in Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Monroe Co., Iowa
Spouse: William "Will" Pence

(6)
Isacc "Ike" Madison McCoy
b: May 27, 1855 in Moravia  Iowa,  Monroe Co.
d: 1937               in Oklahoma
m: May 30, 1875
Spouse: Alice Jane Main

(7)
Arstarkus "Stark" McCoy
b: April 11, 1858 in Iowa
d: March 11, 1926 in Moravia, Iowa, Monroe Co.
Spouse: Lena Mounts

(8) Lycurgus McCoy
b: Dec. 30, 1860 in Blakesburg, Iowa
d: March 5, 1935