VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2010

From:
Mary Francis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:54:29 -0400
Dixie,

I don't want to put you out but any info on Jeremiah Meadors wife name
would be great.  My Jeremiah Meador was born about 1846 in Goochland (or
Bedford) to 1815 in Bedford, VA.  I know that he married Elizabeth Wood in
1812 but she would not be his first wife or mother of his children.  I have seen
references to Caroline and Rachel with no last name.  I'm wondering is
someone mixed up Caroline County with a name but don't know.  And a Rachel
Spaulding married a later Jeremiah so that could be a mix up too.  So I want
to find the wife who was the mother of his children so I can continue with my
tree.  Another path that is likely to be connected due to mtDna test is an
Agnes Holloway b. abt 1730's.  I know there is a connection but haven't found
it yet but she had three siblings that married Meadors.  Let me know if you
find anything - it would be wonderful.

Mary