VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2009

Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:33:37 EDT
Hello,
I am looking for a record said to be part of Henry County Records and would
have included Franklin County as it had yet to be established from the
division of boundaries. The document is called "A List of Whit [sic]People &
 Buildings in the Bounds of Capt. Rubles Company"  The document is also
referenced in the Franklin County Bicenteniel Book by Salmon & Salmon so it must
exist. A footnote I read said "My thanks to Ann Carter Lee for the manuscript
copy"......"primary materials from Franklin and Henry County".   The footnote
says an analysis of the list was compiled by R. Gravely and provided by Lee
to the author.   Does anyone know where I could this record or who this Ann
Carter Lee is?
I have already visited or contacted the Bassett Historical Society in Henry
County and the Henry County Courthouse and no one has heard of this list.

Twyla Edwards