VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2006

From:
John Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:04:12 -0500
My experience in Marriage Bonds is primarily from Culpeper and surrounding
counties.  The experience is pretty much as described below, siblings and
uncles signing.  I have instances of consent for both bride and groom
although in both cases they were of legal age.

The second date is important, the ministers return.  I had a case where the
DAR questioned an application I was working on because there was no
ministers date, that is how can you prove they actually got married?

So there was no actual marriage date in this case just "after" ...

The marriage was accepted however later because the County Clerk in a deed
referred to her as 'and his wife'

John